Thursday 2 October 2014

WHAT A RELIEF TO BE A FAILURE!

Only now, after many years of knowing God, I have a growing comfort in realising that as His child, I have the freedom to face up to my growing sense of failure and infirmity without a loss of His favour. Indeed He values contriteness, essential to growing into the likeness of my Older Brother. He doesn't expect perfection from the start. As I know only too well, such a view leads only to meltdown. As the Captain of my salvation, He provides the freedom to discover just how imperfect and inadequate I really am.

When I don't feel like opening the door to yet another unwanted intrusion into my life, I own up and tell Him so. He doesn't seem to mind, but somehow puts a true smile of welcome on my face. That's how I know He is real.

No comments:

Post a Comment