Saturday 20 August 2016

THE KING OF LOVE

As our Redeemer King, Jesus never judges us on our performance but by the measure to which we want to please Him. While we need to live disciplined lives as His children, it is the joy we have in walking with Him that should motivate us and not the fear of His stick if we do not measure up.

As His child I lived in a ditch of doubt and fear for many, many years and yet never lost the knowledge that He was the God who did all things well, even if I was cast aside. Little did I know that He was preparing a new place of abode for me, a room, even in the presence of my enemies, with new vistas of His loving faithfulness and beauty which will accompany me throughout eternity.

It is this that keeps me at His side, fearing to loose one drop of the cordial of the life He has graciously extended to me.

He is indeed my Shepherd King who bids me rise up and come away with Him. He tells me my face is lovely and my voice is sweet and He desires my place at His side. Who could spurn such a Lover?

No comments:

Post a Comment